Round-the-Corner Gin Rummy Rules
Round-the-Corner is a variation of Gin Rummy (sometimes also called "Round-the-Horn Gin Rummy") with the following differences compared to normal Gin:
- The ace may rank either high or low, and sequences may go "around the corner" (e.g. A-2-3, A-K-Q, 2-A-K).
- If an ace ends up as deadwood, it counts as 15 points rather than 1 point.
- The undercut bonus, gin bonus, and box bonus are 20 points each.
- The game is played to 125 points.
- If one player goes gin, his opponent may lay off on the gin hand. If his count can be reduced to zero, neither player scores on that hand.
- The discard pile is kept spread so that all cards can be read.
- A partnership game is played to 25 point more than in normal Partnership Gin Rummmy - 150 points for a four-handed game, 175 for a six- or eight-handed game, 200 for ten players, and so on.